Donor’s Lament: You Didn’t Thank Me Properly
Everything I learned about saying “thank you” I learned from:
According to Burk’s research from Donor-Centered Fundraising, more than 80% of thank you letters start with “Thank you for your generous gift of…” or “On behalf of the Board of Directors, thank you for your generous gift of…”
Y A W N
- Want to stand out?
- Want your donor to actually read your letter?
- Want your donor to feel good about the decision they made to invest in you?
- Want your donor to feel warm and fuzzy inside?
- Want your donor to say “Aw, that’s SO nice!”
- Want your donor to feel the opposite of bored?