Essential Strategies to Succeed with Online Fundraising Campaigns-Pt.1
I’ve written a lot over the past several years about why mastering online social fundraising is critical to nonprofit success (e.g., here and here, just as starters).
A bit later in this article I’ll give you a link to a mini-guide for nonprofit online social fundraising. It really boils down to taking charge of the “customer experience” — which is a huge meme du jour in the for-profit world today.
If you need to persuade someone about why this is important, you can read up about how the digital revolution has changed the way people are influenced to give in Penelope Burk’s Cygnus Research studies from the past several years. Here are some of the indisputable truths:
- People increasingly learn about brands online (yes, your nonprofit is a brand).
- For at least the past five years, 69% of folks have said they prefer online communications to print.
- People increasingly conduct financial transactions online.
- Today, every generation even donates online.
- The fastest growing segment of year-end giving is from online fundraising.
I could go on and on about the why, but I’m going to assume if you’re reading this article you’re already sold. You know you need to do this better than you’re doing it now. You’re just not sure how.Details