|Make your blog blossom|
Blogging. This month I’ve talked a lot about it. So, before April showers turn into May flowers, let’s discuss once more how we can water our own blogs – either as individuals or businesses – so that they blossom and grow. They’re a great tool, but only if used effectively. Don’t use them as a hammer, where everything looks like a nail. Apply some art and science to the endeavor.
- Write for your readers; not for yourself.
|Look before you leap. Think before you write.|
- Always keep your purpose in mind and be sure to convey it.
- Write consistently about your area of expertise to establish yourself as an authority in your niche area.
- Commit to being a learner.
|Exercise your creativity|
- Write and publish thoughtfully, using both art and science.
will be opened, read and shared. This is why you’re doing this, so don’t skimp here. Pay attention to what you’re doing! And don’t be afraid of getting creative. It makes blogging much more fun. A lot is written on the art and science of blogging, writing and content strategy. Read. Here’s one good article by John Haydon (smart, experienced guy!), How can I write better blog posts?, to get you started.