Bzz… bzz… buzz… buzz… Do you hear it?
It’s the sound of the times. It’s the bees flying around crowdfunding campaigns like honey. Sweet, golden honey.
Are you getting yours?
With the mainstream shift into digital communication, and the advance of technology through online donation and peer-to-peer fundraising platforms, crowdfunding is something I believe you should seriously consider if you’re not already getting your “crowd” on.
Especially if you have…
- A big campaign going on.
- Or a specific project that lends itself well to the telling of a compelling story.
- Or you need to raise a lot of funds in a relatively short time period.
- Or there’s a strong tie to some big event – anniversary; holiday; news story.
- Or your current constituents are more inclined towards being ambassadors than asking or giving.
- Or you’re having a hard time breaking out of the “box” of folks you think might be interested in your cause, and are looking to build your audience in new ways.
So I’ve put together a few resources, and some of my own thoughts, to help you think things through.