Super Strategies to Spoil Your Supporters
Do you have some major donor prospects you’re trying to woo?
Of course, you want to start with your overall donor love program. You know, the one where you plan to communicate regularly with all your supporters – 4 to 7 purely grateful, meaningful touches for every 1 inspiring ask. You do that, right?
- Thank you letter, email and phone call
- Donor welcome package
- Newsletter with stories about outcomes
- Blog with stories about outcomes
- Token gifts (e.g., ‘how to’ lists; recommendations; new research results; recipes; discount coupons, etc.)
- Invitations to free events
However… just the basic stuff won’t do it with major donor prospects.
You need something extra.
Something to really grab folks’ attention.
Without a little something, you’re left with just a dumb thing… like automated group mailings. Or really big ‘moves’ you never quite get around to. Or stuff, let’s face it, which just isn’t particularly thoughtful.