8 Secrets to Keeping New ‘Third Party’ Donors
By now you undoubtedly know you’re losing too many first-time donors.
In fact, the Fundraising Effectiveness Project report shows you’re losing an average of 77% of these folks!
Today I want to talk about a subset of new donors who don’t renew. They’re called “third party donors,” and they come to you through a variety of portals:
- Guests of event ticket buyers
- Online auction purchasers
- Donors who give to friends’ P2P fundraising pages
- Donors who give to crowdfunding campaigns sent to them via a friend
- Donors who make tribute gifts in honor or memory of a friend or loved one