To be a donor-centered fundraising expert, you must:
(1) Know what donors love, and
(2) Offer these lovable things to them.
There are three things I’ve found donors love when it comes to making donations.
- To leverage their money.
- To be part of a winning strategy.
- To be in control of how their money is used.
It’s that simple; yet very few organizations successfully offer these things to their donors. Instead, they fail their supporters by doing one or more of the following (take a look at your current appeal and see if you may be guilty of any of these sins):
- Asking donors to do things they don’t want to do.
- Offering limited giving options.
- Making folks wonder where their gift will really be applied.
- Failing to demonstrate to the donor what’s in it for them.
This is all wrong!
Today I’m here to tell you what works. I’ve not only found these four things to be true anecdotally, based on personal experience with a range of different charities, but there’s also research to back this up.
Ready to learn the four secrets that will dramatically ramp up your fundraising this year?
Let’s begin with the research.